Marketing has always been the art and science of influencing the decision making of the customers in your company’s favor. Since the 90’s the world has witnessed a huge jump into the use of internet and also the internet services have expanded exponentially with higher penetration rate into the market compared to normal marketing strategies.
Huge customer base now online has made it utmost important to include Digital Marketing strategy in your marketing plans. In fact many PR companies and professionals have started to use digital marketing as very important tool in their services.
In this digital age it has become mandatory for every business to have digital presence, be it an established company or a start up building it’s market. Digital marketing has become a critical part of the business growth strategy due to its high impact value.
Many business owners are scared to implement digital marketing into their business plan as they believe it costly and are unaware of the full potential it offers.
Here are few compilations on how you can inculcate digital marketing in your business growth plan and that too with limited resources and work force that you have at your disposal:
- Interactive Website-The world population is about 7.3 Billion and about 46% of the world population is using internet on daily basis making it a whooping number of about 3.4 Billion internet users worldwide. Just imagine how many different types of websites these people visit daily. Among the many websites only the most interactive ones which catch their eye and attention is able to sell its services and products.Also having a website today has become a brand symbol arising more trust into your business. So just having a website is not enough, interactive websites keep the customer coming back to it and leads to higher conversion chances. Also Google puts the websites with best interactive designs and content at the top of its search ranking. You can make a onetime investment in developing a good interactive website which can fulfill your required needs, thus saving you from regular changes if you don’t plan your website initially.
- Social Media-There is steep rise in the number of people using social media and using it to interact with each other and share different information ranging from education, healthcare and political etc.Social Media platforms like Facebook offer you to create your Business page where you can put all your services and products list similar to your website along with their images to lure your customers. Youtube has huge number of subscribers and millions of people watch video online on it every month.Google provides free of cost Google My Business Page services which you can use to put your business online and be easily searched in Google search among other local businesses. You can also join online forums and groups where you interact with you prospective clients and customers. This way you also build a trust factor which helps you make more loyal customers buying and referring your products and services.
- Content Marketing-Content plays a very important role into engaging the audience, whether it’s your website or social media page. Online marketers use different forms of contents to engage the target audiences. As an entrepreneur or marketer you can use single or combination of different content to promote your business and engage customers by educating them about your products and services. You can opt for Blog articles, graphics, info-graphics, video, newsletter, white paper or even emails. Content marketing can be clubbed with the email marketing strategy to get more people subscribe to your newsletter or blog giving you access to large number of customer database and building trust. Content is always considered as the king and holds the top most priority. Quality content is like the gold jewelry which has value for very long time even from the day it was produced. All these contents can be shared through social media and your website expanding your reach.
- SEO-Search Engine Optimization is a very important tool in making your business visible and searchable on the search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing etc. You can do SEO optimization yourself organically by focusing on including important keywords in the coding of your website and creating good new engaging contents for your website. Your contents on the social media also add to your search engine optimization. In contrast to this, if you want a comparative fast result then you can use the paid services like Google adwords, PPC and affiliate marketing etc and hire an expert agency to carry out this important work for you.
- App development-With rising number of mobile subscribers and them accessing the internet and social media through it, one cannot neglect the use of mobile based applications to reach every home.Web applications and mobile applications are forming a new way to engage the customers with your services and products. For example online gaming companies are using highly interactive gaming apps to keep their customers engaged with the products and build on them with customer based feedback. Also healthcare companies have come up which use mobile based apps to educate the patients about their health status and precautions to manage their health properly. Generally, in your IT department you don’t keep an app developer so you can take the help from experts outside, there are many good service providers who offer this service at reasonable price range.
- Analytics– Any strategy which is implemented needs a regular follow up to evaluate its effectiveness. Similarly, digital marketing strategy needs regular follow ups and updating. This way you ensure that your labor and money are spent in direction or little tweak is required to put it on track. In case of outsourcing the agency or the expert provides you a thorough report on each development. However, when you are doing it yourself then you can use the analytics features of Facebook and LinkedIn which shows you how many people visited, at what time of the day and from which region and age group do they belong; this helps you better streamline your strategy. You also have the option of using Google Analytics through this you can keep an eye and develop strategies for promoting your business website and Google page.