The Top 5 Digital marketing Priorities for your start-up!
What’s hot today is not tomorrow, such is the way of digital marketing. While sometimes, the cool gets cooler; sometimes their effects wear off. In such rapidly changing environment, you need to keep up with these hot trends to build the brand online, especially for new age entrepreneurs as digital marketing is the most effective weapon in your arsenal (We have already agreed that internet marketing is affordable, viral, and cost efficient for startups)
Follow these top 5 priorities for your digital marketing strategy in 2017 to ace your game
Digital advertising is leveraging internet to advertise yourself to your potential and existing customers. You should engage your potential customers with promotional advertisements over email campaigns and in app notifications.
Also, you need to have a strong SEO to rank high on the keyword search. Invest in analytics to keep yourself updated with how effective your campaigns are, and what your competitors are doing better. Learn from mistakes; yours and everyone else’s. The Key areas to concentrate are:
- SEO/SEM: Selecting the right keywords and strategically placing them in your content ranks your website high on searches.
- Digital business analytics: Use Analytics to track the campaign’s effectiveness and the traffic on the website. Monitor them systematically and make data driven decisions
- Digital project management: Manage the digital marketing campaign from the concept till completion with pre assigned smaller goals and deadlines for better results
- Graphic design: The creative should be catchy, and deliver the brand message crisp and clear. The theme, slogans and content should be in line with the campaign goals
Most of the businesses already have their social media channels, on facebook and twitter. In addition to that, do a little research and find out which social media is the most appropriate for your target audience. For example, if you sell shoes online, you should have an instagram page showcasing your beautiful products. If you are a B2B model, a strong LinkedIn page would help your chances in capturing leads.
Schedule your posts with Buffer or Laterpost.com to keep in sync with the timings your audience spend their time on social media. The key areas to focus on are:
- Social media management: Make your posts interactive, ask them to comment or tag their friends, You can incentivize them for participating by providing discounts or offers
- Content Strategy: Have a clear content strategy, what would be the voice of your posts; is it a funny tone or does it invoke thoughts? Studies show that videos are shared 30% more than images. Bask on that, and invest in good content
- Creative direction: Keep it fresh, keep it new, and always keep yourself up to date with current events and make relevant memes to go viral. Let it be the ‘covfefe’ or the ‘floor is..’ memes go give it a try now!
Website Design and Development:
The internet is a fast paced business, to capture your customer’s attention and to make them spend time on your website, design a user friendly website. List all your services clearly, and have a simple flow to buy (if you sell online). In the world of web development, those who become experts usually do so by learning from their predecessors. Reading and following the right web development blogs makes it much easier to get a solid education. Understand the user experience, try to have constant updates, bug fixes and maintenance to make the website efficient. Take the help of experienced professional for your initial development stages. These are the areas to be taken care of
- UI/UX design: Keep it clean and clutter-free,
- consumer behavior/analytics: Average time spent on the website, bounce rate etc give you insights on areas of improvement
- Product management: Manage your product/service portfolio well and make sure to list them clear and differentiated.
Content management is the administration of digital content throughout its lifecycle, from creation to permanent storage or deletion. The content could be be images, video, audio and multimedia as well as text. Use a Content management System(CMS) to search, keep a record and analyze all your content. A CMS sometimes also has tools for one-to-one marketing. One-to-one marketing is the ability of a website to tailor its content and advertising to a user’s specific characteristics using information provided by the user or gathered by the site — for instance, a particular user’s page sequence pattern. For example, if the user visited a search engine and searched for digital camera, the advertising banners would feature businesses that sell digital cameras instead of businesses that sell garden products. Having a good quality CMS ensures a better conversion rate of your leads to sales.
There are a lot of free and subscription-based CMS offerings available for in the market. Few of them are:
- Oracle Web centre
With increasing mobile usage, the focus of digital advertising remains on mobile. Studies show that nearly 60 percent of Google’s ad revenues came from mobile ads this year. As a budding startup, your area of focus should be on
- Mobile app design & development: With more and more people browsing the internet through mobile devices, and multiple apps vying for the attention and storage of the user’s device, app design should be aimed for highest user engagement and quality. Ios or android, whatever be the platform, make a responsive design which clearly shows the main features first.
- Ecommerce analytics: explore how users get from point A to point B and you get to revenue C, constant bug fixes and adding new functionalities to make the app easy and fun to use is always a recommended practice.