How hard is to be number one on Google? Why Is A Top Ranking in Google So Valuable? Have you ever wondered that what strategies will help you a build an SEO friendly website? I hope to answer these questions through the article.
Firstly, if you appear on the first page of a Search Engine Results Page (SERP). The advantages you’ll get are Traffic! Sales! Money! Profit! A number 1 ranking in Google will:
- attract the major share of visitor clicks
- vastly more clicks than all the other listings in 2nd page
The strategies used for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) are evolving, and to keep up with the competition you need to find out what works and what doesn’t. SEO is essential in turning online traffic into potential customers for your small business.
You and I both know that there’s a lot more that goes into a good SEO than the first few keywords that come to mind. Firstly, there are a few essential tips you need to keep in mind
- Get discovered with location based keywords: Everyone talks about keywords, but to find the right keywords for your business is the fundamental step here. If you are just starting out, it is better to take the help of an expert or hire an SEO agency to identify the targeted keywords for your business. Also, have realistic expectations on SEO. You are not going to rank #1 for your local business in your industry overnight. For beginners, start with including error-free and relevant content on the website with a user friendly interface. After achieving these basic SEO goals, target the region, location or city you are working in to increase your SEO ranking.
- For example:
- SEO services in Delhi
- For example:
- SEO services in Gurgaon
- These keywords are better to target than
- SEO services
- Publish correct and relevant data of your business on the website: Make sure your Name, Address, and Phone number is correct. Nothing kills your chances of success faster than bad contact information. Verify your business on Google maps. This assures that your location and contact appears on 50% searches on Google maps in your location. Additionally, ask your previous clients to review and rate you on Google Maps. Google’s algorithm gives 9.8% of the weight of your listing to the number of steady, quality reviews of your location.
- Optimize for Mobile: 80% of online searches happen on mobile, it’s crucial for your business to have a mobile optimized website to be seen by searchers and engines. The navigation of your website should help first time visitors to access information as easily as possible. Group related pages together so it makes sense.
- Be updated with the current trends in content: What’s trending in terms of SEO? Ask yourself this question now and then. While some SEO techniques have been used for several years, there will be many new ones that you have to pay attention to. Take a look at these few to help you stay ahead this year.
- Infographics – Has any Infographic grabbed your attention recently? If you are regularly on the internet, chances are that it might have. An image coupled with information tends to stay in the minds of readers. Such content also generates more social shares and also generates leads. Of course, your content should also be suitable enough to add infographics to it. You can always try to generate and experiment with such content. Once you find it interactive, use infographics that are effective.
- AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) – it is a Google-backed project designed as an open standard for any publisher to have pages load quickly on mobile devices. On Feb. 24, 2016, Google officially integrated AMP listings into its mobile search results. It contains three sections – AMP HTML, AMP JS, and Google AMP Cache. During development, ensure your website has AMP.
- Blog Comments – Commenting on blogs is an old and effective strategy get backlinks and improve your SEO as well. Ensure that all the comments posted add value. At the end of your blog post, always ask the reader to leave a comment. It’s like telling someone a story and then saying, “Well, what do you think?”
No company can function without enough visibility, and SEO can help reel in the traffic. Now is the right time take to prepare a well-developed strategy, or invest in SEO services to survive in the market and beat the competition. If you stick these goals of SEO practices, you will get to the top of search results in 2017. Which SEO tips are you going to use on your website today?