Email marketing is very crucial for your business since this is often the advertising channel which is more likely to convert the visitors into customers. Setting up a profitable email marketing strategy is important for the long-term success of your organization. Recent email marketing statistics state that.
- 44% of email recipients made at least one purchase last year based on a promotional email.
- 7 in 10 people say they made use of a coupon or discount from a marketing email in the prior week.
- 56% of businesses say they plan to increase their use of email marketing in 2017.
- For every $1 spent, $44.25 is the average return on email marketing investment.
These statistics are proof alone how much you should focus on email marketing to sell your products/services. If ROI is almost 45 times your investment in Bulk email services, it’s definitely worth a try. Every marketer using email to reach their customers focuses on how to up their email marketing game to encourage more people to open their emails. When a person signs up for your email list it is often a powerful signal of their intent to buy. Let’s take a look at 10 email strategies that aren’t well known but are highly effective.
- Build Your Email Lists Any Way You Can: The success of your email marketing depends on a good list of subscribers, so never miss an opportunity to get a customer’s permission to send them emails. Whether you’re at a trade show, community event or in your own storefront, collecting email addresses in person can be as easy as putting out a signup sheet and encouraging people to write down their details. Set a glass bowl on the counter in your store or the reception desk in your office, and ask visitors to drop their visiting cards in it. Offer some incentive to do so — a free product or service, gift card, etc. Use ads on Facebook and Google to get customers to sign up for your emails. Offer a discount in return for signing up to make it worth their while.
- Write a Powerful and Catchy Subject line: 33% of email recipients decide whether or not to open an email based on subject line alone. Keep your audience (and your goals) in mind. Are you trying to make a sale? Offer a promotion? Or just reaching out to your subscribers? Your final goal will determine what info your subject line should include. Be clear about the value of your email, and what it means for your subscribers. One way to improve your email open rates and target a specific audience is with localization. Localization is when you personalize an email message for each specific recipient. For Example: An email with subject line “Increase your sales in Delhi/Noida with Email marketing” is way better than “email marketing services in Delhi to grow your business” the customer’s inbox is already overflowing with emails, if you’ve segmented the customer on the basis of location, chances are that targeted emails are opened.
- Personalize your offers: You wouldn’t send an email promoting your upcoming sale on baby clothes to a customer who has only ever bought men’s clothes, would you? Well, you might, if you don’t take the time to personalize your emails — and that email probably wouldn’t be very effective. Instead of sending out general emails in bulk, tap into as much data as you can collect about your customers, such as information about past purchases or data collected from your loyalty program. Use that knowledge to create different email marketing messages for different types of customers. If you don’t have hands on experience to such things, hire an email marketing services Delhi.
- Make your emails stand out from crowd: Use your email marketing service provider’s tools and templates to craft eye-catching emails. Invest in quality photos that create the right impression. Hire an external email marketing specialist to help you design beautiful templates for your newsletters. The majority of people view their emails on a mobile device, so it’s very important to design your emails with mobile-responsiveness in mind. Keep copy short, put calls to action up top, and make the layout simple. Any links or buttons that you’re asking users to click on need to have plenty of white space around them.
- Don’t Follow the Rules: The biggest secret to email marketing is to not be tied down by all the rules of what should and shouldn’t be done. It is really important to experiment and see what resonates with your audience the best. The emails that have seen the most success for companies are the campaigns that have differentiated themselves from other emails, entertained their audience, drove value, offered the best deals or personalized the email to the right context for their users without regard for best practices. Use off times to send your emails, check if it’s working. Track your campaigns; understand what is making your customers click the emails, test, and retest, repeat until you get to see favorable results.
So what do you think? Will these tips help you in your email marketing campaign? Let us know in comments. *All images belong to the respective brands.