So, you have a physical store and are ready to take your business to next level by going online or you don’t want to bear the hassle of maintain a physical store and want to reach out to potential customers from all corners, and you decided to develop a ecommerce portal, what are the key elements that you require to really turn profits? An online store is more than just good product pictures and a checkout function; you also have to think about the experience you’re giving your customers. Online shopping is a competitive space, so what does it take to build a great online store? Read on to know more.
- A Clear Logo: We can’t emphasize enough on the fact that a clear and recognizable logo is a reassuring symbol, and builds trust with your customers; you can observe this with more popular brands. They can afford to create an online store with a fashionable home page displaying minimum features. A well-known logo or a mascot, a beautiful image or video and the ‘Buy’ button will suffice for such designs. However, if you are just starting, it’s important for you to build the recognition, so with a user friendly and attractive website, your Logo should be well designed too
- Deals and Freebies: Offering a small token or a deal can alter the way your buyers feel about your store. Samples, freebies and free gifts tap into the social psychology principle of reciprocity. Statistics show that over 57% of shoppers are driven to finish a first-time purchase if they can redeem a coupon. In the absence of a special deal, there are highest chances of abandoning the shopping cart by the customers; some shoppers think that a first-time buyer discount is a precondition for brands looking to attain new customers. Throw in some deals and freebies that change every day and make sure to communicate this to your customer to increase your user base and sales.
- Easy Check out: Building a process where the checkout is as easy as possible for your customers to pay is essential for increasing conversions and sales. This is why your checkout page needs serious thought. It’s the final stop for people shopping on your portal. It’s the place where they make transactions with their credit card information and finally hand over their money. To make it easy for your customers, you need to make this process hassle free, you can start with giving them multiple options for payment like credit card, debit card, net banking or e wallets. Do not make it necessary to sign up to buy and deliver a seamless design. Hire a professional ecommerce portal developing company or an expert to assist you with the design. Trust me, this investment goes long way.
- Latest news and products of the industry: Today’s consumers are well informed, it benefits you to keep updated with the latest trends and sell the products that are currently trending. On your website give them access to latest news and blogs about the products/services you sell. When there is a seasonal sale or an upcoming event that buyers should know about, the landing page is the best place to feature. Don’t make it too difficult for buyers to find exclusive deals and hot prices. Moreover, frequent customers will more likely look through ‘new’ or ‘hot deals’ on sale rather than spend time browsing through the full inventory for something new and trendy.
- Search Bar: If you have a large online store with a varied choice of goods then a search bar is a must-have. This will prove popular with customers who came to your website for a precise product that they just need to find from your online store to make their order. This saves them a lot of browsing time improving the overall shopping experience. You can also add a feature of suggesting their frequent purchases, if you have their data of old transactions.
- Social media share buttons: Social media is the best way for self-promotion. It’s revealed in studies that almost 20% of online purchases are done after browsing through social media sites. People are inclined to ask for the opinions of friends and family. Social media websites, such as Facebook and Twitter, are the best, if not fastest, source to get the info you need on just about everything. If the customers have an option to share the products with their friends, they might share it and eventually promote you online too.
- Customer Support number: Lastly, but most importantly, you should provide a medium through which your customer can contact you if anything goes wrong with the order or purchase. Providing an immediate help line or support number increases the trust with your customers.