The wave of digitalization has led the mobile to capture nearly all areas of our life. From entertainment to shopping, name the sector and there’s an app for it. Not only has it made life easy but speedy as well!
Business and technology sectors have gone under a digital transformation and have emerged revolutionised. With all sectors adopting smartphones and mobile devices, there are some mind boggling numbers across the industry for mobile users. In other words, no longer is the use of mobile phones restricted to periphery inquisitiveness. On the contrary, in a variety of sectors, it has become the need of the hour.
Not only businesses, but the education sector is both growing and evolving with the advent of technology.
Technology is not only changing the methodology of teaching but also the way kids are learning these days.
A quick look at present-day
The usage pattern of mobile devices among kids and teenagers in conjunction with the ever-evolving requirement of students has brought about a change.
At present, most institutions, learning centres, tutorial centres and individual educators make use of and greatly depend on mobile apps. From kids who study at the primary level to those in pursuance of secondary or higher education, apps have become an indispensable requisite to all.
With the introduction of mobile apps, the entire learning process has been transformed and is now more interactive and intuitive. This has made the whole learning experience into a fun filled affair.
What has made mobile apps spread like wildfire and gain such tremendous popularity? Read below to know.
- Widely used – Mobile phones are used widely among students. From being a status symbol, phones have now metamorphosed into a vital access point for engagement, service and learning. Today students depend on their phones for a variety of reasons – text message, calls, social media, E-mail, etc. In this world which is ‘always-connected’ using this channel for school communication is imperative.
- Customization – Every educational institution has its own set of teaching modules, a method of training, goals, etc. and apps offer the option to make them customizable. This makes it far easier to incorporate features which match the institution’s definitive requirements. If these apps are focused on learning as well as including additional features which enable students to navigate the campus system or communicate with staff, it’s an added bonus!
- Distributing study material – The distribution of study material will be far easier when distribution occurs through the app. This will ensure that all students, even those who missed class will get the required study material in order to be prepared for exams or the next class.
- Assessment of projects and assignments – With mobile apps, gone are the days where you need to submit work when you are present at the educational institution. In simple words, mobile apps allow students to submit their work through the app and teachers can correct it through the app – on the go!
- Instant update – Outbound communication about matters pertaining to campus events, payments, alerts and also other time-sensitive information can be conveyed through the app. Even information such as re-scheduling of time tables, campus maps, staff directories etc. can be available at student’s fingertips.
- 24/7 availability – Not only can they access the mobile app at any given time but also from anywhere in the world. Now learning is always on the go and at any given time.
- Interactive – Mobile apps are interactive. They get the child to unleash the creative side while simultaneously imparting knowledge. Activities like word-building, spot the difference and puzzles help in the above-mentioned.
- Utilisation of free-time – No parent likes to see their child while away time. Instead of whiling away time, letting the child use mobile apps will help in learning as well as having fun; hence, effective utilisation of time.
- Customised learning – No two people have similar habits. Similarly, learning too is different for everyone. Through mobile apps, learning can be customised to suit your need and requirement. You can learn at your pace and time and in the method which you feel comfortable with.
- High engagement – Due to the interactive nature and attractive design, the approach and the way students look at learning has changed. Students are highly engaged and constantly learning.
The education system is breaking out of the traditional ways of dispensing information and is bringing about a radical change in the way teachers are teaching and students are learning. In this day and age of technology, mobile apps are emerging as a critical part of the education system for students to learn effectively.
Practices for mobile experiences are just as important and flourishing almost as rapidly as the devices themselves. When you provide an app, various factors need to be looked into and kept in mind – features, platform, layout, design, etc. and undoubtedly each factor has its own significance. The prominent features that stand out are user experience and design which can affect the outcome of the success of the app.
The recent upsurge in technology has triggered businesses to make available the same experience a customer has in the store on a mobile platform as well.
Keeping the following factors in mind while developing the design of the app can prove useful:
- Understand your customer and the context of your users – One of the key determinants that hold strong value is user experience. You need to identify your target audience and what they use the app for, their usage pattern etc. Example: If your target audience are children or elderly people, then the app needs to be easy to use, simple and provide basic functionality. Whereas, adults or teens would prefer an app which comes laden with features and is more advanced.
The experience a person has with the app can depend on the app itself or the person using it and the context they use it in. Most often, people use their phones in between other activities like waiting in line or travelling or filling fuel. Hence, users are looking to use the app to get things done in a jiffy.
As they say, customers are the king. Often, they shift from mobile devices to laptops and to tablets. The app needs to offer a consistent interface through all these channels in order to entice the user.
- Crisp, clean, and simple layout and presentation – The space at your disposal with a mobile is limited. The app needs to be designed in a manner such that the entire screen is made use of – not in a hodgepodge way but by striking the perfect balance. Once you think your layout and design is good, put it to the test. Can the interface be read when walking? Is the front too small or is it big enough? Is there ample visibility to view the interface under different lighting? Are few of the buttons too big to be pressed by the finger? If you answered yes to most of these questions then you might want to rethink the design and layout as it could possibly be cumbersome or difficult to use.
- User experience – If someone needs a manual in order to figure out how to use your app then you have gone wrong somewhere. The app needs to be easy and simple to use. Its capability needs to be conveyed in a simple and clear fashion. Essentially, after your app is out in the market, you have a few seconds to spare wherein you need to attract and engage potential new users and if they cannot easily download the app, open it and figure out how to use it, all in the span of a few minutes, then they’re potentially lost. With this lost user comes the backlash of word of mouth. A bad experience, through word of mouth, can spread like forest fire.
If the app can make complex tasks simple then nothing like it. The code has been cracked. As the saying goes – ‘in this complex world, it is simplicity which gets all the attention’.
- Not good but great design – Good design is but obvious. Great design is what is transparent. Of course, design can be subjective but ultimately, the design needs to be easy to comprehend and simple. Complexity need not necessarily prove effective. Few elements that play a vital role in distinguishing a good app and a great app are icons, typography, colours, graphics, wordings and terminology. At the same time, do not forget to keep the design simple. A seamless process from start to finish will lure the user to come back for more.
- Responsiveness – Mobile users are impatient. They want the interface to load data while it’s downloading otherwise they are likely to lose interest. If the app is too slow or has too many elements on one screen then too, a user’s interest will reduce. Speed is as important as any other element in the app. For mobiles apps, the rule of thumb is, you need to do it quickly otherwise don’t do it at all.
- Continuous improvement – Technology is rapidly growing and customers are growing with it. As a company, you need to keep up and think of ways to continuously improve – be it customer service or software development. Innovative solutions can have an impact and result in optimal customer experience.
Creating an experience, be it on the mobile or elsewhere is more of an art. The designer needs to keep in mind multiple elements which go into the app. Unlike a desktop where the user sits in once place and uses it, a mobile app needs to adapt to several different factors.
All businesses want to promote themselves and individuals want to make money to keep some side earnings. What if Viratel Pvt. Ltd. tells you a way to achieve both goals in one shot? Making money online is easy, all one needs is a blog with some following, a marketplace to affiliate with and good content to describe that blog and the product. A publisher may even try for referral programs but affiliate programs always make more sense as referral programs are between acquaints while in affiliate program it is not important that person is known to you too.
Are the words getting too technical to understand? Let’s understand them to phase wise.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is no rocket science; in fact, it is one of the common and the oldest form of marketing wherein the publisher talks about uses and features of a product or service they are trying to promote. A publisher also known as an affiliate may target masses by the medium of his own blog, vblog, website, social media, banners or Google AdWords. These mediums are external websites while the merchant website or marketplace or website offering the affiliate program is known as an internal website.
If traffic on external website attracts someone to open and see the product advertisement then the user is navigated to internal website product page with a different page URL dedicated to that publisher only. A separate URL is issued in order to account business given to merchant by the publisher. The URL to that product gets stored in cookies of the viewer. These cookies are saved for a period of time as decided by the platform encouraging this program.
If the viewer buys recommendation of the publisher in that timeframe then the affiliate gets to earn a certain amount of commission for helping the platform generate sales.
An affiliate program is thus an arrangement by which an online seller pays commission to and an external website for leads or sale generation from his reference.
Wondering how to be an affiliate? Joining a marketplace is free of cost and needs no technical qualification. Any person can be possessing good traffic on the external website with the basic knowledge to product and good promotional content can benefit from this program as it is commission based.
Understanding the 3 entities: Platform, Advertiser, Consumer
In the world of affiliate marketing, an advertiser is a merchant like a company, an agency, an organization or a school. Basically, any platform that has an online presence with e-commerce functions. An E-commerce platform trying to sell its products or services like books, electronics, games, health, beauty, home, kitchen, garden, grocery, music, sports to the life policy, mutual fund etc.
A publisher is an individual who markets and promotes these products from his platform or on external websites with an aim to earning commission on converting leads from his page to buyers from merchant’s platform. Publishers enter into a contract with advertisers to promote the offerings and hence are also known as affiliate marketers. Advertiser helps publisher with a URL and creative like text ads, banners, links etc. The publisher can be anyone, people usually freelance as publisher in their part time for extra earnings in form of commission with unique ID.
The cycle of affiliate marketing is rotated only to invite more buyers as at the end of the chain we have buyers who are largely attracted by inducing demands by means of having them promoted through publishers. A consumer will follow some referral point or word of mouth more than understanding the technical page of the product. Even the creative like banners and ads are made to attract buyers only.
How companies/advertisers track the record of who is sending the traffic?
Companies track the record of who is sending the traffic and making the sales simply with a tracking URL (a unique link given to you by the affiliate company or product company). This URL is used to keep track of all the traffic and sales a publisher is making via merchant website or other promotional techniques.
These URL get stored in cookies of the consumer for a particular number of days as allotted by the merchant. In this time period if a consumer makes the purchase then that sales get credited to the account of the publisher for the commission.
World Wide Web has revolutionized the way of marketing across all the fields throughout the world. Every business is slowly now building its digital presence with website playing the major role into it. There by increasing the role of the web development company in gurgaon to provide the much needed technical expertise to ensure maximum conversion through website.
India is also utilizing the power of internet to boost its businesses. Gurgaon and other regions of Delhi-NCR are contributing to this new technology driven economy of India. As per the new report by the IAMAI-IMRB, the number of internet users in India is expected to rise to 450-465 million from December 2016 to June 2017. This is going to increase the number of people going online to make their purchases.
The e-commerce companies are readily using the influence of call to action to persuade their prospective customers into buying their products and services. Call to action is a powerful tool which combines with the website to increase the conversion rate through the web traffic. In case you still have some confusion and are thinking of including call to action in your website design, then here are few reasons to why:
- Conveys Your Business Information to Your Customer– A strong call to action serves as the way to convey the information of your business to your customers in a better manner. A customer is able to understand the mode how your business works and his mind starts to think more about your products and its value in their issue resolving. Again this prompts them to get associated with you as subscribers or downloading the free newsletter which also helps increase your email database which can be utilized for marketing purpose.
- Motivates Yours Customers to Buy Your Products and Services– The color combination of the website along with the quality of the content determines the time spent by the web visitor on your business website. However, the right call to action button influences the action they would take as a result of it. You have displayed your products and services most profoundly to your audiences but if it’s not clubbed with a good call to action, it will fail to yield you a sale. The website development companies in Delhi have experts who prepare a well polished call to action motivating your customers to buy your products and services.
- Removes Confusion from Your Customers Mind– The customer often needs an inspiration to help him make a choice on what to do when he visits a website. The website developer in Delhi smartly includes the call to action into the website structure which helps remove the confusion from the customers mind. A clear headed customer then starts thinking of your products utility in his problem solving.
- Boosts Your Sales Conversion– Often the color and the text of the call to action button induce the prospective customer visiting your website to buy your product. The better the combination the better the rate of conversion of sales through your website. Thus, a strong call to action well placed on you website can boost your sales many fold.
- Adds Value to Your Business– In the internet driven world where each day millions of users are been added across the globe, the way to business is also changing at a dramatic way. Website has become new synonym for your business address and display for your products to your customers. The call to action button in your website acts as the insight into your business through which the customer can keep himself connected with the latest updates via your business newsletter or whitepaper etc as the resource to educate him.
- Gives a Higher Ranking to Your Website– As a business when you get your website development in Delhi done, you are aware about the team of expert professionals with experience of many projects of working on the web development for varied businesses. This experience of theirs helps develop right call to action for your website as per your business type. The search engines like Google recognizes this feature of your website as it eases the decision making of the customer, giving the better ranking to your website.
When your consumers are busy navigating the digital space you cannot afford to have an unappealing website with performance issues. Your website is the first point of interaction between you and your target audience. Your site gets only a few seconds to transform your visitors into customers and if it is not persuasive enough then it’s time for you to think about website redesign. Before you go for it just ponder over these questions?
Is your website cohesive with your brand?
Businesses are often confronted with change resulting from growth, acquisitions or mergers and they need to reposition themselves as a brand in those transition phases. At that very point in time, it is of paramount importance to check if your website is also reflecting that change or not. If there is no match between your offline and online branding, then it would be very difficult for you to retain your customers’ trust and business.
You may Read article too:- 6 Ways to boost your Mobile Landing Page Conversion
What is your unique business offering?
To stand out among the competition and to make a mark in your industry, your website should have a unique value proposition. Utilize this redesign as an opportunity to highlight your brand’s unique features keeping it in-line with industry requirements.
Is your site easily navigable?
Even if your site is content-rich, your visitors won’t spend much time if they cannot navigate seamlessly from one point to another or from page to page. So, this area should be given a little more thought to enhance user experience.
Is your web content mobile ready?
As your consumers have already gone mobile, it is important for your site to be responsive and able to adjust to different screen sizes. This not only provides intuitive user experience but also shows that ‘you care’.
What is your budget allocation for the website redesign?
Website redesign is a business investment and it can be a game-changing decision for your business but often limited budget hinders this move. But with outsourcing website development specialists from India, your business can realize this smart move without any budget constraints.
What goals you want your website to accomplish?
Whatever may be your goals, they must be clearly defined so that the designers undertaking the redesign project can define them in their project scope. So, you would be able to win customer loyalty for your brand through your optimized website design.
How would you track your goals?
Consider integrating analytics tool in your newly designed website so that you can track the on-site behaviour of your visitors. By analysing them you can get valuable insights which can be utilized for improving your business as well as website performance.
Do you want to add some advanced features?
You can get an edge over your competitors by integrating advanced features in your new website. For instance, social sharing buttons, multimedia capabilities, live chat options and much more. But it is very important that those features conform to your business goals.
View more information on website design agency WordPress website developers and outsourcing.
Source By:- MyTechnology
- Published in Technology